ADSM-L

IBM Marketing

1994-06-28 16:35:27
Subject: IBM Marketing
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 20:35:27 GMT
 Within my company we have a network group and a mainframe group, and
they are in competion.  The mainframe group is pushing ADSM, and the
network group pushes an EPOCH systems backup solution.  I was at a
lose for words when the EPOCH manager brought me a glossy from EPOCH
which contained this quote from Ben Barnes, Assistant Gen, Manager,
Marketing, IBM.

    "With Epoch's client/server backup and recovery software, IBM's
SP2 POWER-Parallel system can now offer its users a full-featured,
enterprise-wide system.  Epoch Enterprise Backup software provides the
most secure and comprehensive backup/recovery solution for IBM's SP2
POWERparallel system"

    If our network group were in complete control of the companys
computing plans, there would be no ADSM here, and the mainframe would
be in a downward spiral, along with my job.  This does not help.  IBM,
please get your act together!

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com