ADSM-L

Re: Mac PowerPC native mode executable.

1994-06-27 19:59:41
Subject: Re: Mac PowerPC native mode executable.
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 16:59:41 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

>I've been told that the SoftWindows communication package is Novell
>IPX based.  Have you actually tried to run an ADSM backup under the
>Windows app yet?  Anything to watch out for?

My guess is that it won't run.  For the Windows client, we use Novell's
TLI interface.  Unless SoftWindows supports that, then it probably won't run.
But I admit, I know nothing about how SoftWindows is handling networking.
Maybe TCP/IP or NetBios??

If anyone finds out anything or can get the Windows client to work with
SoftWindows, please send me a note (I'm still trying to get a PowerPC :-(

Brett Walker