ADSM-L

Re: chargeback

1994-06-23 19:17:59
Subject: Re: chargeback
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 19:17:59 EDT
On Thu, 23 Jun 1994 16:03:48 -0500 Mark Essen said:
>We are a full cost recovery data center and are soon to install ADSM.
>We have a home-grown billing system.
>I would be interested in any thoughts or comments on chargeback methodology.

I am also in the same situation. We have been running WDSF since 91 and
then switched over to ADSM in January 94. We have decided to go with
a fixed charge per MB occupied rather than to charge by CPU seconds
(which will drive small PC users away from the service).

I took the last years cost for running WDSF and divided that by occupancy
to come up with the average cost per MB for this year.

ADSM's database operations are expensive, make sure that you have the
latest PTF applied to avoid file expiration process done every hour.

--Deba Patnaik