ADSM-L

Re: Admin Client Bug?

1994-06-20 17:02:16
Subject: Re: Admin Client Bug?
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 21:02:16 GMT
In <1994Jun16.213519.28479 AT draper DOT com>, mitch AT lsil DOT com (Mitch
Sako) writes:
>I'm running dsmadmc in line-mode on a Sun admin client and it hangs
>when I try to do the following:
>
>../dsmadmc -id=xxx -password=xxx q vol f=d > foo
>
>What I am trying to do is capture a detailed listing into a file
>which I can filter to find problems.  It fails on my largest server
>which has 300+ tape volumes defined.  It does not fail on another
>server with less volumes defined.  It does not fail if I leave
>out the f=d detailed reporting.
>
>It appears as though it might be output buffer related?  Anyway,
>the session hangs and I have to cntrl-C out of it.  The admin
>sessions stays forever until I bounce the server:
>
>     6 Tcp/Ip Run      0 S      114     150 Admin SunOS    XXX
>
>This session will stay in there forever.
>
>Thank you.

Check out apar PN56963.  It reports a bug with locks when returning a
large amount of data from a query.  It entered the MVS/VM servers at
level 0.6/1.6 and is fixed in 0.7/1.7 (the latest available).
Review the ANR1110 text file of apar summaries and additional
information.

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com