ADSM-L

MinimumCopySpace recommendations and Windows fWorkgroups.

1994-06-16 00:41:33
Subject: MinimumCopySpace recommendations and Windows fWorkgroups.
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 21:41:33 PDT
I had a user complain of failures in trying to restore LARGE files
but no problems with SMALL files.  A little simple research of IBMLINK
turned up the answer right away.  In Tech Q & A there's a recommendation
to change MinimumCopySpace from the default of 12 to 32.  IT WORKED!

So then I send a note out to all my Windows ADSM clients recommending they
make the change to (at least) 32.   But I get a reply back that one user
is using Windows for Workgroups(3.11) and there is no MinimumCopySpace but that
there's NetHeapSize and he thinks that's the equivalent.

Is that true?  Any suggestions?  thanks .. joe.f.