ADSM-L

Re: Supported Winsocks

1994-06-13 16:55:34
Subject: Re: Supported Winsocks
From: Brent Stilley <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 14:55:34 CST
On Mon, 13 Jun 1994 09:54:08 EST Michael W. Kearney said:
>Peter,
>
>Thanks for the list of supported WINSOCL's on the FTP server. Could you provide
>some more information about the reported problem with the FTP Software
>2.3 WINSOCK DLL? We're running 2.2 here for the most part, but are moving to
>2.3
>shortly, so I'm naturally interested in what's going on. Thanks.

I might mention that the bugs in v2.3 are causing problems with other
applications, so it's nothing exclusive to ADSM. E.G. we've been working with
a Winsock-based e-mail gateway which seems to work OK under light loads, but
as soon as the traffice increases it gets lost, when running on the PC/FTP
stack. Works fine with Novell's latest LAN Workplace, though.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078