ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-06-02 02:15:54
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 02:15:54 EDT
----------------------- Mail item text follows ---------------
         Dato: 02/06/94
          Fra: Hans Kilian                                  HKK      - TEXT
          Til:                                              INTERNET - IBMMAIL
         Emne: 2 Kinds of Backup
Paul,

You suggest that we use the ARCHIVE command to do supplementary full backups.

As far as I can see, that's not a very feasible solution. We are using MVS as
the server and OS/2 as the client, and the User's Guide and Reference for OS/2
states that "... the SUBDIR option has no effect on archive processing."
(page 41).

That would mean that we have to go through every subdirectory on the machine
and do an ARCHIVE of that directory. Also we don't have the option of using
the INCLUDE/EXCLUDE statements to filter what files we backup.

I hope that you can tell me that I've overlooked something obvious :-)

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark