ADSM-L

full recovery on Unix or Sun

1994-05-26 16:31:13
Subject: full recovery on Unix or Sun
From: Diane M Ashby <D-ASHB AT VM1.SPCS.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 15:31:13 CDT
Can someone advise me re what files (if any) need to be backed up separately
to create a bootable disk in case of full hardware failure.

i.e., what are your disaster recovery plans for SUN/OS and/or UNIX machines?
What files or file systems would we restore from ADSM?  Would system files
need to be restored separately (and prior to) the ADSM restore of other stuff?
If so, what's your process for that part of the DR plan?  --Diane

DIANE ASHBY                       d-ashb AT vm1.spcs.umn DOT edu
SYS SOFTWARE SUPPORT              d-ashb.uminn1.bitnet
UNIV of MINN, SUITE 660           VOICE: (612) 624-4889
1300 S 2ND ST MPLS,MN 55454       FAX:   (612) 626-1332