ADSM-L

Backup and recovery of the VM server

1994-05-26 13:33:02
Subject: Backup and recovery of the VM server
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 13:33:02 EDT
I'm curious how other sites handle the issue of backup and recover of the
ADSM server.  Specifically, I'm concerned with the VM server, but it would
be useful to hear how other systems handle this as well.  Currently,
we shutdown the server once a week and do an image dump of all of its
disks, both data and database.  However, I know that this is not adequate
to recover the server if we should have a DASD problem.  Is there any
recommendation on how to approach this?

Martha