ADSM-L

Re: ADSM disaster forward recovery

1994-05-13 12:09:18
Subject: Re: ADSM disaster forward recovery
From: Nick Laflamme <NLAFLAMM AT VMA.CC.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 11:09:18 EST
Diane, how would doing a weekly full backup with subsequent incrementals
differ from just doing incrementals constantly?  I don't know how to force
a full backup in ADSM, but I'm not worried about it particularly.

I have the option of suggesting ADSM use different tapes for each client,
which avoids (maybe?) the problem of having to mount 17 tapes to restore
one client from incrementals.  I know some sites aren't using this option,
and I'm not sure I will, either, when we hit a larger scale, but it's
something to keep in mind.

I'm not sure if I've answered questions or asked even more questions, but
I hope this helps. :-)

Nick

* nlaflamm AT vma.cc.nd DOT edu
* ------
* Intelligence demands reasons, not rules.