ADSM-L

Re: FTP Server Questions.

1994-05-04 15:50:32
Subject: Re: FTP Server Questions.
From: John VanderWerf <jtv AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 12:50:32 PDT
>When I went into the directory, /adsm/releases I saw a number of clients liste
>including DOS and Windows.  They looked like subdirectories.  However, when
>I tried to access them, I was rejected.  Is there something wrong, or am I
>just being dense?

These are in fact subdirectories.  Try cd'ing to the platform you're
interested in, then getting the files:

$ cd /adsm/releases/v1r2/dos
$ get <files>

>The main reason I was looking was because we are interested in getting the
>Windows client.  We already have DOS and OS/2 clients.  Will it be possible
>to get the Windows client directly from the FTP server or do we have to go
>through some formal ordering process?

The Windows ADSM client is available in the /adsm/releases/v1r2/windows
subdirectory.  You don't want to go through IBM's formal ordering process
if you can help it! :-)

>Finally, I'm working on a paper for the VM Workshop on my experiences
>implementing ADSM.  Is there a problem with my mentioning the FTP server
>and its address?  I plan on mentioning this list too.

Feel free to mention the FTP server, and this list.

--
John VanderWerf
John VanderWerf