ADSM-L

Is there a "quick & dirty" setup of APPC/MVS for ADSM APPC?

1994-04-14 18:00:37
Subject: Is there a "quick & dirty" setup of APPC/MVS for ADSM APPC?
From: Mickey Bennett <mbennet AT MBENNET.DOA.STATE.LA DOT US>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 16:00:37 CST
 ADSM is installed, but I have run into trouble configuring OS/2 CM for
APPC.  I have had very little experience with "communications" and was
surprised to find out that "APPC/MVS" has never been used on our system!
It appears to be 'required' for "COMMmethod SNA",  (which according to
handouts from SHARE 82 is a preferred method.)

  I would appreciate suggestions for the simplest APPC/MVS implementation
to support ADSM (only).  (e.g. is the APPC/MVS "transaction scheduler"
needed for ADSM connectivity?)

  Actually, I hope to find out that "VTAM LU6.2"  alone is all that is
really necessary - and that my problems are in 'communicating' with the
network programmers - but I have now noticed that the ADSM program
directory specifically lists "MVS/APPC" as a requirement.   ???

MVS/ESA V4R3  @ 9308
OS/2 Token-Ring with PS/2 work stations
VTAM V3R4.2
Mickey Bennett
State of Louisiana              Voice: (504) 342-5165
OIS / Software Support  FAX:   (504) 342-5137
P.O. Box 44335          Email:mbennet AT mbennet.doa.state.la DOT us
Baton Rouge, LA  70802