ADSM-L

Tape twinning (Multiple Bitfile) Support in ADSM

1994-04-05 13:37:23
Subject: Tape twinning (Multiple Bitfile) Support in ADSM
From: "Paul L. Bradshaw" <PAULB AT STLVM4.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 1994 10:37:23 PDT
This is a hot topic both inside ADSM and outside.  Suffice it to say that
this is a top requirement that we are actively working on.  As to the exact
method of implementation a variety of alternatives are being researched to
see which provides the highest performance, most function, and the lowest
cost to the customer.  We don't have the final model decided on yet so any
questions on how it works cannot be answered.  Instead, a concise list of
just what you expect out of a tape twinning (multiple bitfile) function would
help us in making the correct decisions.

Hope this helps to answer some of the questions,

Paul Bradshaw