ADSM-L

IBM StorSys Division Anonymous FTP Server.

1994-04-01 15:38:38
Subject: IBM StorSys Division Anonymous FTP Server.
From: "John VanderWerf IBM VNet:" <jtv AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 12:38:38 PST
We're giving the anonymous FTP server another name, so that the different
parts of IBM will all be under the "ibm.com" domain.  The new name is:
"index.storsys.ibm.com"; the TCP/IP address remains unchanged (198.80.6.2).
The original name is still available, but we will probably discontinue it
at some point in the future, and then remove it from the nameservers.

Also:
The filesystem on "index.storsys.ibm.com" has been slightly reorganized in
order to make the ADSM API's (or Toolkits, as they're called around here)
easier to find:

/adsm
/adsm/toolkits

The Toolkits have been moved out of /adsm/releases/v1r1.

John VanderWerf
IBM San Jose Programming Lab