ADSM-L

Files/DASD in database

1994-03-25 16:17:30
Subject: Files/DASD in database
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 15:17:30 CST
After various calculations I figured that one cylinder of 3380 DASD
will hold around 870 file (names or directories) in the database.

Can I assume that archived files will take the same amount of database
space?

Are the inactive backup and archive file names stored in
the database the same way the active copies are? (Will they take the
same amount of DASD)

Thanks for you response in advance...

* Ronald W. Ritchey                    Internet: OSG0312 AT unlvm.unl DOT edu *
* Systems Programmer/Analyst           BITNET:   OSG0312@unlvm         *
* University of Nebraska               Phone:    (402)472-7605         *