ADSM-L

Pre-Installation question

1994-03-14 14:24:42
Subject: Pre-Installation question
From: Joey Maxie <JOEY AT UTCVM.UTC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 14:24:42 EST
I was wondering if the following scenario will work:

Set up one class/group (PC's) that will back up directly to DASD.

Set up another class/group (Sun workstations) that will back up directly
to TAPE.

DASD is on short supply, but I would like to give the our PC users the
convenience of immediate backup/restore (do not have operators here around
the clock).  For our unix boxes, plan to do the backups in a more controlled
environment, where the user's files are backed up but not by them.  Restores
will have to be requested.

Appreciate any help you all can provide.

Joey Maxie
UT/Chattanooga