ADSM-L

Re: LFS?

1994-02-10 19:38:20
Subject: Re: LFS?
From: Carl Forde <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 19:38:20 -0500
On Thu, 10 Feb 1994 14:58:56 -0600, David E Boyes <dboyes AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>,
wrote:

>> Does it have particular hardware
>> requirements, such as its own ports on the 3172?
>
>For TCP and NFS service only, no, no special hardware. If you
>want to do LAN Manger or Netware stuff, you end up dealing with a
>channel-attacted PC.

We have been using WLFS via a channel attached PC for several months.
I expect to be replacing WLFS with LFS/ESA in the next week or two.
Just to make things really interesting I plan on backing up the LFS
disks with ADSM.  Currently the WLFS disks are just done via image
backup.

Anyone else used WLFS and migrated to LFS?  Any challenges/concerns
along the way?

Have fun,
Carl Forde                            phonenet: 604-389-3234
VM Systems Software Group             bitnet  : CFORDE at BCSC02
British Columbia Systems Corporation  internet: cforde AT bcsc02.gov.bc DOT ca