ADSM-L

Support for Banyan

1994-02-10 12:53:19
Subject: Support for Banyan
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:53:19 EST
We have been using WDSF since 1991 and migrated to ADSM recently. It serves
our Unix clients (SUNs) very well. We have about 120 Banyan servers and
we have been asking IBM and Banyan for centalized backup support. We have
not got any timetable on when we might expect the support on ADSM. Banyan
has announced that they would provide the support thru yet another product
called LEGATO.

I do not know anything about LEGATO except that it is also marketed by IBM
and runs RISC/6000.

Support for Banyan is very critical since 10000 of our workstations keep
mission critical data on these servers. When will we see an ADSM client
for Banyan ?