ADSM-L

Re: 'Point-in-time-restore'?

1994-02-01 16:26:10
Subject: Re: 'Point-in-time-restore'?
From: Paul Zarnowski <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 16:26:10 EST
--
Bob,
Bob,

What does "ensuring the integrity of data" mean?  And why does that purpose
preclude the goal of being able to restore an entire filespace?

In reading over the ADSM publications, I do not recall seeing that ADSM
was not intended to provide the ability to restore an entire filesystem.
Indeed, there is a RESTORE option, "Restore by directory tree..." that
presumes to do exactly that!

Note that I am equating "restore a directory tree" with "restore a filesystem"
since they are essentially the same kind of operation.

..Paul