ADSM-L

Expiration dates

1993-12-13 14:09:00
Subject: Expiration dates
From: Bob Fowles 814-865-4774 <RBF AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 14:09:00 EST
With WDSF an expiration date can be given on the ARCHIVE command.  With
ADSM I have not been able to find any way for the user to either assign
or change the expiration date.  It appears that the only way a user can
affect the expiration date is to choose another management class (if the
installation has provided one) with the ARCHMC option on the ARCHIVE
command.  However, once a file is archived, how can you change the expiration
date?  I hope I'm missing something here because it's hard to imagine
an archiving system without a way to assign and change expiration dates.
   Bob Fowles, Center for Academic Computing, Penn State