ADSM-L

Re: DEC and SGI Clients and OTHER clients ! :-)

1993-11-09 23:14:00
Subject: Re: DEC and SGI Clients and OTHER clients ! :-)
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio {510} 642-7638 {w}" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 20:14:00 PST
The client we may become anxious for is Novell Lan WorkPlace for Dos.

It seems that Novell has some option where after the xx number of
software licenses for this product it becomes 'free' by virtue of
a site license.

Well we just reached our xx suc .. er.. I mean customer that bought
the product so its become site licensed here.

Too early to tell if its worth it but the alternatives here for Dos
users are Cut/TCP for free and FTP's software for $65.00!

And there are only about 50 people that have bought into the FTP
software out of a potential of 1000's.   sigh.

Everyone wants a free lunch.
                            ... joe.f.