ADSM-L

Problem with Novell ADSM Client

1993-10-27 13:25:55
Subject: Problem with Novell ADSM Client
From: "Michael W. Kearney" <MICHAEL AT PENNDRLS.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 12:25:55 EST
We installed our first Novell ADSM client today and immediately ran into
a problem which we don't understand. When we do either archive or backup
on certain Novell server files, the client reports that they were changed
during the process, retries 5 times, fails each time and fails to send the
object. As far as we can tell though, these files are static data and are
not actually changing. The common denominator of these files appear to be:

o They are Macintosh files
o They are mostly executables
o We think they have a resource fork but no data fork.

Is this a known problem or feature? What do we have to do to get these files
backed up or archived?

Regards, MK