ADSM-L

Working Winsock implementations for ADSM Windows Client

1993-10-06 10:16:06
Subject: Working Winsock implementations for ADSM Windows Client
From: "Michael W. Kearney" <MICHAEL AT PENNDRLS.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 09:16:06 EST
The documentation for the ADSM Windows client doesn't give much detail about
its use of the Winsock API for supporting the cleint - it only says the
 directory
containing WINSOCK.DLL needs to be in the path. Of course, in a perfect world
this would be all you needed to know about it, but in the world we work in, the
quality and reliability of the various vendor's Winsock implementations vary
widely. We have begun preliminary testing with PC/TCP rel 2.2 and it works as
far as we have tested. Do any of you have experiences with other vendor's
Winsock's you would be willing to share with the group?

Thanks, MK