ADSM-L

Another annoyance on the list

1993-09-27 17:35:10
Subject: Another annoyance on the list
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1993 17:35:10 EDT
I've been playing with the tape migration today, testing to see how it
worked when moving a filespace from DASD to tape.  The job went fine and
worked fairly quickly.  The annoying thing was that DSM never informs
the operator when the job is finished.  A message does appear on the console
of the service machine, which I can pick up with PROP.  However, since they
went to all the trouble to have MOUNTOP and REPLYOP fields in the OPT
file, why not send the job completion messages to them as well.  Its a minor
nit, but lots of these things can add up to a sloppy product and I wouldn't
want to see that happen.  So far I like it.

Martha