Working with TSM API

Kida

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all - first post but I am a bit stuck and hope someone here might be able to help me

I am currently working on a solution that communicates with TSM Servers in order to do various reports and build information. I am developing in .net using C# and what we do today is use the BAClient.exe to perform this communication.

I run the BAClient programmatically with arguments and then it returns the answer from the TSM Server to a file on the drive. I listen for when the process is finished and then read the file and parse the result.

What I want is to be able to query the servers the same way. Here is an example of arguments I use for the BAClient.exe to get the name of a server (I also ask for domains, clientoptionsets, occupancy, events etc but this is just an example):

"-id=@1 -password=@2 -outfile=@3 -tcpport=@4 -tcpserv=@5 -comma select server_name from status"

Of course the @x is replaced with meaningful information. The problem is that the result needs to be read from a file; I need to parse it and all in all it is a slow process.

I was hoping that I could use the API of the client as described here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...dex.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmc.doc/clients.html

I must admit I have no experience with the API but I was hoping someone here might be more informed about what is possible to do with the API. I was hoping I could use .Net but it seems to only be C/C++. What I want is something a bit more object orientated than reading a file. I would also love to get some error handling etc.

TLDR; Do you have any resources on or experience with using the TSM API with .Net (examples would be awesome).

Alternatively I would love to hear about other means of communicating with the servers that work a bit better than what I am currently doing.