working with default directories when installing 7.1

jeffs42885

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

First time installing this. I will be using IBM installation manager and I am wondering one thing. do I need to create the following directories, or will the setup automatically do this when I run IM? Heres an example of what I mean- (Thanks in advance)

4.8G 17M 4.6G 1% /tsmdata
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmdb
2.0G 3.0M 1.9G 1% /tsmdb
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmdbb
2.0G 3.0M 1.9G 1% /tsmdbb
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmfiles
2.0G 3.0M 1.9G 1% /tsmfiles
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmlog
2.0G 3.0M 1.9G 1% /tsmlog
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmlogb
2.0G 3.0M 1.9G 1% /tsmlogb
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmdb001
976M 315M 611M 34% /tsmdb001
/dev/mapper/datavg01-tsmdb002
976M 315M 611M 34% /tsmdb002

Hi Jeffs,

The IBM Spectrum Protect installation manager does not create those kinds of directories/mounts within the OS. These are directories which need to be pre-configured manually before the installation manager is run for the Spectrum Protect Server package. You will then be asked during the installation to populate certain fields with those pre-defined directory locations as part of the 2nd config stage to the server installation. i.e instance setup etc..

Regards

One more thing - what about user tsminst1? Do I need to create that also or does the installer do that?

Yes, you will need to create that user locally within the OS, as again the configuration stage of the instance will ask you for it's credentials.

Jeff,

I'm probably stating the obvious, but you should follow the instructions from the manual step by step. It will tell you which directories you need to create and when.

As a general rule, you don't need to create any directory for the software installation. You need create directories and users as part of first steps after installation.

Back