WinZip

Lavigne087

Newcomer
Reaction score
When i use WinZip to extract a compressed file that has a .zip file name extension on a Windows Vista-based computer, I receive an error message that resembles the following:

This file was compressed using an unknown compression method. Please visit www.winzip.com/wz54.htm for more information. The compression method used for this file is 98. error: no files were found - nothing to do

When i use WinZip to extract a compressed file that has a .zip file name extension on a Windows Vista-based computer, I receive an error message that resembles the following:

This file was compressed using an unknown compression method. Please visit www.winzip.com/wz54.htm for more information. The compression method used for this file is 98. error: no files were found - nothing to do
Sounds unrelated to TSM or to backup/restore. You would have better luck on a Winzip forum.

Good luck.

This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:

You can try to extract a compressed file that was created by using WinZip 10.

The computer on which you try to extract the file has an earlier version of WinZip installed.

WinZip 10 uses a compression method that is incompatible with some versions of Windows and with earlier versions of WinZip.
http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/270361.aspx

Back