Windows TSM v7.1.1 Upgrade - Verify Instance Failing

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to update a Windows TSM v6.3.5.100 instance to V7.1.1 and during the installation wizards it's kicking out an error during the verify instance test...it finds SERVER1 and user name tsminst1, but when I enter password (which I know is correct) it errors out saying "An error occurred while verifying instance, you must manually reconfigure instance"

Any ideas on how to get around this? I've tried updating Windows account password to something different and no luck.

Hi,

You must be logged on the Windows server with the Windows account that is running your Db2 and TSM services?, but there is generally a lot of reasons why you would get this error - consult the log file.

And you do not mention your v7.1.1 revision number, but if it is less than 7.1.1.300 you should update to that version as soon as your v6 - v7 update is up and running.

I was logged on with DB2 and TSM service account which is the instance owner. I do plan on patching to 7.1.1.300 once I can get 7.1 loaded. A colleague of mine mentioned it could be related to not copying out NODELOCK file....does this sound right?

Back