Windows node gets a file called c:\program every time TSM clients starts

itdrew

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Problem: I received a complaint that a user was getting a file called program in their c:\ drive every time they started the TSM client on a Windows 2000 machine.

Solution: I realized that in the dsm.opt file, they did not quote the path for the schedule log.. The path was c:\program files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log.

It should be quoted like so:

schedlogname “c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log”

Verdict: TSM would write the schedlog information to the file c:\program and then move on, not realizing the complete path.

This is an easy one but I figured I’d post it for reference.

:confused:

I have the same problem. When I restart the server with tsm server, the service TSMManager collector don´t start because has "C:program" file. When I delete this file, the service start.

If anybody know what I can do, please help-me!

TKS a lot!

[email protected]

Uhh, Yeah, Read my post below. I posted it with the solution.

Check your paths in your .opt file and "quote" your paths.

Instead of:

schedlogname c:\program files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log

Use:

schedlogname “c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log”

What I find distressing on this problem is that it is created by following the standard/default install of the client. You have to know about the problem to know to quote it. Could not the install handle this?

The best way is to install TSM such that you do not have spaces in the path as that is the real issue.

Thank you MicroSoft. :evil:

The problem is actually when using the wizard to setup TSM during the installation, the default is actually dsmsched.log. If this is changed (ex: using the 'browse' button) to C:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log, the quotes are necessary as Microsoft does not recognize the spaces in directory names.

Simple suggestion, use the default of only dsmsche.log This will write it to the current working directory which is already C:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient

There are actually a few tech docs on the TSM support website for this issue.

Regards,

putergeek

The problem is actually when using the wizard to setup TSM during the installation, the default is actually dsmsched.log. If this is changed (ex: using the 'browse' button) to C:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log, the quotes are necessary as Microsoft does not recognize the spaces in directory names.

Simple suggestion, use the default of only dsmsched.log This will write it to the current working directory which is already C:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient

There are actually a few tech docs on the TSM support website for this issue.

Regards,

putergeek

Back