Where to place Include.encrypt in inclexcl list

Fattire

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
IBM docs don't seem to mention where to place this statement. I found one post here that said it should be at the top of the inclexcl list (or does it matter) , also, if I want to encrypt everything is this what I use? (this being for windows clients, not sure about Linux, but will eventually need to do that as well.) thanks all.

include.encrypt "*:\...\*"
or
include.encrypt "*"

same for include.compression , top of list, or does it matter?

Thanks. one more question. I've read where you can change the encryption key and I understand the ramifications of doing so, what I haven't found is exactly 'how' to change this key?

could I change my Password Save parameter to Password Prompt in opt file?, use command line to back up a new file, so it will prompt for password and enter a new password that way? then change parameter back to Password Save for normal scheduled backups? I know previous backed up data will need old password key for restore. OR do I have to go in and edit or delete it from the registry? If so, what would I look for in Registry? (this being for Windows server 2003) Client 6.4.3....thanks.

Don't know how encryption passwords are changed as there was never a need for me to do so.

Open a PMR with IBM, or maybe someone on this forum knows.

as this was a test box... I deleted all the filespace, changed parameter to Encryptkey prompt, restarted scheduler service, backed up just one file and got the Encryption Key prompt, entered new Key and it took it. Change my parameter back to Encryptkey save for tonight's regular schedule.

Back