When you are creating a new client....

cwilloug

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Which do you choose? And Why?

Just wondering what everyone is doing.... or what the "norm" is.

Thanks!

Attachments

• create client node.jpg
    create client node.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 30
Hmmm,,,, I cant make the pic any bigger. Well its a screen capture of the Create Client Node process, under the Administrators option:

Assign owner authority to administrator
option 1 Create administrator 'nodename' and assign it owner authority to node 'nodename'
option 2 Do not assign owner authority to any administrator
option 3 Assign owner authority to selected administrator - from pull down list

Which option do you select?

Option 1:

We use the nodename and corresponding password for Web based restores or manual test backups

You will find that most "old timers" don't want anything to do with ISC - this goes with me, too.

ISC is too slow, and clumsy for my taste.

I do use both, the command line and the ISC - I kinda like the ISC, it gives me a better 'visual' of our TSM setup. I was the backup to our TSM admin, he took another job, so I then became the primary - I know, scary isn't it.

You will find that most "old timers" don't want anything to do with ISC - this goes with me, too.

ISC is too slow, and clumsy for my taste.
Some 'new timers' too. I'm finding myself learning so much faster going 100% CLI! Just use the 'help' command, ie: help reg node. Doing that shows what all the default options of a command are. The default option for creating an admin for a new node is to create a new admin of the same name as the node name.

If you're looking for good 'visual' helpers, take the time to set up Tivoli Operational Reporting. It's good, it's free.

Back