What to download?

ldmwndletsm

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We need to download IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.3 for RH Linux in order to conduct a disaster recovery test wherein we will install a demo/temporary version on a test machine, restore the production server's database and then attempt to recover data from some tapes written on the production server. I went through the IBM passport feature, entered the necessary information when prompted, and there's a bunch of downloads listed, and I think most do not apply, but it's unclear on what we need. Here's what I see that looks likely?

IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.3 Linux x86_64 Server and Storage Agent Multilingual (CNLW1ML)
IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.3 Linux x86_64 Operations Center Multilingual (CNLW6ML)
IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.3 Linux x86_64 Client Management Service Multilingual (CNN2CML)

1. Which do we use? Maybe just the first one?

2. 'Show details' provides the checksums (these appear to be sha1), but the download file names for Linux x86_64 all end in '.bin' (e.g. SP_813_LIN86_SERSTG_AGT_ML.bin) and not .tar.gz as some of the others. Regardless, the above three appear to be zipped archives. Here's what I see for the first one (server and storage agent multilingual):

README.htm
im32
im64
input
install.sh
repository

I see no rpms anywhere under there? There are some zip files under im64/native, but those don't contain any rpms either?
The README.htm file only has a bunch of links to online IBM documentation, and there are some zip files under repository/native. After unzipping those, I see only the following:

repository/native/rhel/libxlc-13.1.5.1-161202.ppc64le.rpm
repository/native/rhel/libxlsmp-4.1.5.1-161129.ppc64le.rpm
repository/native/sles/libxlc-13.1.5.1-161202.ppc64le.rpm
repository/native/sles/libxlsmp-4.1.5.1-161201.ppc64le.rpm
repository/native/gskcrypt64-8.0.50.78.linux.ppcle.rpm
repository/native/gskcrypt64-8.0.50.78.linux.x86_64.rpm
repository/native/gskssl64-8.0.50.78.linux.ppcle.rpm
repository/native/gskssl64-8.0.50.78.linux.x86_64.rpm

So only two for RH. Is that it?

3. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing here, but can we get a public key to validate the rpms?

Thanks.

Okay, thank you.:) BTW sometime in the last month or so, I saw an ad on IBM's site for this product, but it wasn't under Fix Central (I assume that's only for updating or fixing a current install), and it wasn't the Passport Advantage or Entitled Support sections either. It seemed to me that it was just available for trial/testing for anyone, and there was a link to it on their page. I didn't download it, but I wonder if it would differ from the download through licensed support and if so, how? Hmm ...

Normally, advertised products, as you said, may just be for "kicking the tires".

The real macoy - license, et al - would be on Passport Advantage.

Back