What account does TSM use?

jthillo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Hello,

We just migrated from another backup environment to TSM. In our old setup we had to have an AD account that had administrator access in order backup files.

I noticed that Tivoli does not appear to use this. I created a file that only a colleague had access to (no system, admin, etc rights and he was owner) and TSM backed it up and restored it without incident.

What account does tivoli use? I aplogize if I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

TSM uses the system account by default. You can change the service to run as anyone you'd like, but then that use has to have access to the files.

-Aaron

Agree with Heada. If you have pre and post schedule job that need to access different nodes, then go with domain account otherwise staying with local system account eases TSM administration.

I have a question.

I have a TSM server on win2k3. The TSM service start with administrator account. I want to change it because the AD administrator change the password every week. I was create an account with domain admins privilegies, but when I try to start the service with this new account, the service start and stop inmediatly. Anyone can tell me why?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

It should tell you why in the server error log. If not, log in as that user and attempt to start the TSM server in the foreground.

-Aaron

Back