Weird one - TSM Remote Agent service stopping Win 2008 Cluster from failing over....

sudo911

Newcomer
Reaction score
Guys,

Installed and configured the TSM Client (5.5.0.6) on a 3-node Windows 2008 x64 cluster today for over 10 resource groups and everything went fine with install, config and testing..... until.....

After testing the failover, I got one of my guys to test the web client interface from a remote machine, and then I proceeded to fail that resource group to another server. The failover "hung" while it was trying to take down the TSM Generic Service (configured for the CAD service). I have the CAD managing the webclient and the schedule.

Upon closer inspection, found that both the TSM Remote Agent and TSM CAD were showing as STARTED under the services tab, but once I manually stopped the TSM Remote Service the cluster resource group failedover as normal.

Anyone ever seen this before? The TSM Remote Agent stops after about 20mins - but waiting that long isnt really an option. I could script it, but I really want to avoid going there and continue with using the single generic service.

Thoughts?

double check your configuration on your cluster administrator. verify that you are pointing the right resources wtih the right ip address

the cluster config is all ok..... its just a problem with the Remote Agent staying started.... The TSM CAD is the generic service configured in the cluster administrator for the resource group, so its trying to close the Remote Agent (which is started).

If close the TSM CAD manually, it asks if I want to shutdown the TSM Remote Agent - so I'm wondering is Windows 2008 sticking on this prompt?

As I said, if I manually stop the Remote Agent - then the TSM CAD is taken offline and the resource group fails over.

Anyone seen this, or how have you setup the CAD & Remote Agent in a Windows 2008 cluster?

Hi!

Have you found a solution for this problem? I have the exact same problem, but in windows server 2012

bg

Back