1. Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.
    If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.
  2. Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)
    Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

[SOLVED] Web GUI + IPTABLES

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nicnictout, Jan 11, 2010.

1. nicnictout

nicnictout ADSM.ORG Member

Hello,

i'm afront a little issu with the web client. I'm not able access to the GUI when iptables is activated. I append the rules:
    iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1581 --syn -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1581 --syn -j ACCEPT

I save, and restart both iptables and dsmc, but the pb still here, if a deactivate the iptables the GUI works perfectly.

I check and upon the TSM's log, the system is listen on port 1581, i add the entry httpport 1581 to the dsm.sys file.

Can any one have a idea of what can make trouble on my server ?

Notes: i tried all configurations possible for iptables, opening port 1581 on all chains, only on INPUT, then OUTPUT in order to see if it makes a difference, without effects.

Thx for your help.

3. nicnictout

nicnictout ADSM.ORG Member

[SOLVED]

Well, i solved my issue.

As seems trouble with iptables rules, i tried to defined open ports with the Linux GUI instead of CLI.

So i opened the ports: 1581, 1582 and 1583 in iptables
    Then i precised the following options in dsm.sys:
    httpport 1581
    webports 1582 1583

Now it's working perfectly.

admin likes this.