Web client not displaying the TOC

mpp

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

Want to test the DAR for NAS with NDMP using TSM.
Installed the server and web client and configured for NDMP backup.
the image backup and restore works fine. but i am not able to do DAR
as not able to brows through TOC for selecting the files.

included

include.fs.nas <NAS name>/vol/fs DEFAULT toc=yes in dsm.sys file.

still not working.

in the GUI it is showing the backup as image only.

Please help.

Last edited:
Where are you storing the TOC files? Did you setup the toc options when defining the copygroup? You should see image and file level selection options when performing the restore through the GUI.

Yes, tocdestination is set in copygroup. I am able to enable TOC in backup when initiated from server console, but webgui or cli doesn't have any option to enable TOC while doing backup. I have 2 issues here:
1. Not able to enable TOC in backup from webgui and cli. I have done changes in dsm.sys with " include.fs.nas <NAS name>/vol/fs DEFAULT toc=yes", but no use. The webgui or client still does non-TOC backup.
2. When doing backup from server console with toc=yes, I can see that TOC is available with "query nasbackup nasnodename /myfs/mymount. Although during this backup session, I see following message "ANR4946W The character encoding of NDMP file history messages for node nasnodename, file system /myfs/mymount is unknown. The Tivoli Storage Manager server will use the UTF-8 encoding to build a table of contents". In this case, even if TOC is available, webgui and client cannot show TOC to me. Could it be the case that TOC is not readable? FYI, the NDMP Data Server here is built from NDMP SDK.

Let me know if more details are required.

Back