W2K3 ASR Restore fails - Network Problem !!!

tsmondemand

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
PREDATAR Control23

Hardware : IBM x346 model

Network Adapter: 2x Internal Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Card

RAID 5 is Configured as Hardware level.

I'm trying to restore a Windows 2003 (with SP1) server but the network driver doesn't seem to get installed?

with the open command prompt I do a ipconfig /all and I dont see anything listed. My network supports DHCP and network card also plugged in.

Should i need to install network card driver manually and if it is How can I manually install this as apart of the ASR recovery process?

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

Got the solution and ASR successfull.

Installed Broadcam Network driver manually from the command line and works fine....

Thanks.

PREDATAR Control23

In my case i have downloaded the Broadcam Driver (which is executable) from IBM site and run the setup to install drivers before i select the option from the TSM screen which asks for restore from BAckup Set or TSM Server.

Steps:

Normally You will get two command windows before it contacts to the TSM server restore while ASR. One is Windows Command line and other is TSM restore selection.

Open the other command window (which is minimized) and install the Network Adapter Driver.

After install drivers, come to the Tivoli Storage Manager command window. Press 2 and enter.