1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

VTL tape Drive I/O error

Discussion in 'VTL - Virtual Tape Library' started by sramb1, Aug 31, 2012.

1. sramb1

sramb1 New Member

Hello,

I've presented STK L180 VTL to linux server. Zoning has been done and I'm able to see the library on the linux server. I've installed lin_taped drivers and ITDT. In ITDT, when I scan for tape drives, it's showing the changer and drives. the device paths are below

changer --> /dev/sg0
    drive 1 --> /dev/IBMtape0
    drive 2 --> /dev/IBMtape1

When, I'm trying to run /opt/tivoli/tsm/devices/bin/autoconf, it's configuring only changer, but not the drives.

I've defines the library and it's path.

But, I'm not able to define paths for Drives. It's giving an I/O error.

tsm: SERVER1>DEFINE PATH server1 DRV01 srctype=server desttype=drive library=TSMLIB1 device=/dev/IBMtape0 online=yes autodetect=yes
    ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRV01.
    ANS8001I Return code 15.

Can someone please help me?

many thanks in advance

SRAMB1

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Try restarting the TSM instance and define the path after. Happened once to me and path definition reset after restarting the instance.

Also make sure that the device name is correct as Linux 'bounces' the devices around after server reboots. Avoid running the autoconfig - configure by 'hand'.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. sramb1

sramb1 New Member

Thanks a lot Moon-Buddy

: vtl