Volhist details for the DBB

vnvasanth

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have TSM 6.3.3 instance running with library manager and client which recently upgraded. I have deleted DBB backups from volhist on few instance and i like to know what are tapes got deleted from the DBB. I just got 35 tapes got deleted from DBB and i like to know the tape names in any any the tables since i dont see anything in actlog.

thanks in advance.

Vasanth

Hi,

We have TSM 6.3.3 instance running with library manager and client which recently upgraded. I have deleted DBB backups from volhist on few instance and i like to know what are tapes got deleted from the DBB. I just got 35 tapes got deleted from DBB and i like to know the tape names in any any the tables since i dont see anything in actlog.

thanks in advance.

Vasanth

To see the tapes, restore the DB from a the backup prior to 'del volhist'.

Del volhist

when we delete the DBB from volhist , the tapes in LM become scratch. SO there is some changes happening from DBB status to scratch on LM. I like to know where it will be updated and how can we retrieve.

thanks for the help.

Vasanth

Check the volhist file, this keeps a record of volume movements in TSM and is usually backed up each day.
Also run query drmstatus and note DB backup series expiration Days. Mine is 5 days, so I keep last 5 TSM DB backups.

Back