Virtual Volumes & Storage Pools

Gordonw

Newcomer
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how you define what storage pools a SOURCE server uses on a TARGET server when doing SERVER to SERVER operations?

Currently we have a Primary TSM server and a Backup TSM server, with all backup data on our Primary server being copied across to our Backup server for DR purposes. On the Primary server we have a SERVER type DEVCLASS called OFFSITE which points to our Backup server (as per TSM Admin guide). On the Backup server we have two storage-pools, one diskpool called ARCH-S2S which flows onto a TAPEPOOL called TAPE-S2S.

My question is, how does our the Backup server know that any data sent from the Primary server needs to go to a specific pool? The reason I ask is the TSM consultants we had in a while ago set all this up for us but now we are having problems as all data sent from our Primary server is going straight to the TAPE-S2S instead of our ARCH-S2S storagepool like it was initially. We've looked through all the configuration settings, both on our Primary and Backup TSM servers but can't find anything which defines this relationhip.

Gordon

on your Tsm servers there will be a node defined as type=server. This node may have the same name as your Tsm server. It is in the node definition where you designate the storage pool destination via the domain you attach it to.

Back