Urgent!! Restore tdp sql databases to an alternate machine

dreamz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi...
This is very urgent for me to complete this task. I'm supposed to restore a sql database to another server. I copied the dsm.opt file from the source server to destination and opened sql client gui, selected wait for tape mounts for restore and file information. I DID not check Replace.

Now when I selected the db i want to restore and say RESTORE it just starting restoring without asking me an option to restore where. I'm afraid it would overwrite the existing database entries.

IBM documentation says like this to select an alternate server :

1. Right mouse-click on the selected database and use the Relocate |Settings dialog to specify a new destination location in which to |restore the database. |
I cannot right click on the database nor find a Relocate option.

Can some one please guide me how to restore the tdp databases to alternate server. It's very urgent and I'm helpless. Any quick help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!!

Open tdpsql gui, check database and version you are interested in, on the left side. Now on the right side right click on the db. And You're there :)

:) I was in hurry and didnt have the patience to check around. got it afterwards. Thanks for your reply anyways!!!

Back