Upgrading ISC and admin center for TSM 5.5

khawts

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
http
We have a windows server that is our ISC that managed the AIX TSM servers.
Current TSM server: 5.3.4
Current admin center is 5.3.2
Current ISC is 6.0.1

My question is:

1. Do I need to wait for all the AIX TSM server to be upgrade to v5.5 before I can install the ISC admin and admin center?

2. What will happen, if I install the ISC and Admin Center if some of the servers are not upgraded to 5.5 ?

3. Do I need to uninstall both the current ISC and admin center before I upgrade it to 6.0.1.1 and 5.5 respectively?

4. Can I test the upgrade of both admin center and ISC on my desktop running windows XP?

Please assist.

I have ISC 6.0.1.1 and Admin Center 5.4 running on my winXp laptop and it admins a TSM 5.3.4.2 server. Works good.

Just installed the same ISC/AdminCenter combo on a AIX box (seperate from the TSM server) and it sees it and administers it just fine.

Not sure what happens with ISC 6.0.1.1 / AdminCenter 5.5 when it administers a TSM 5.3.4 server. My guess is that it would be just fine. I would check with support to make sure. I don't think there's much problem with a higher level ISC/AdminCenter administering older TSM servers.

I think the worst that could happen is that you wouldn't be able to administer your TSM servers through the up-leveled GUI (revert to command line). It sounds to me that is what you are mainly concerned about. I think it would be safe to try it on a WinXP machine (make sure you've got enough memory) :)

Just my two cents....hope it helps.

I have ISC 6.0.1.1 and Admin Center 5.4 running on my winXp laptop and it admins a TSM 5.3.4.2 server. Works good.

Just installed the same ISC/AdminCenter combo on a AIX box (seperate from the TSM server) and it sees it and administers it just fine.

Not sure what happens with ISC 6.0.1.1 / AdminCenter 5.5 when it administers a TSM 5.3.4 server. My guess is that it would be just fine. I would check with support to make sure. I don't think there's much problem with a higher level ISC/AdminCenter administering older TSM servers.

I think the worst that could happen is that you wouldn't be able to administer your TSM servers through the up-leveled GUI (revert to command line). It sounds to me that is what you are mainly concerned about. I think it would be safe to try it on a WinXP machine (make sure you've got enough memory) :)

Just my two cents....hope it helps.
Right now our ISC Console is in Windows 2003 box. But it administer all AIX TSM.
How do I upgrade it, to the 5.5 version. Do I have to uninstall and reinistall it or I can do a straight upgrade?

"Just installed the same ISC/AdminCenter combo on a AIX box (seperate from the TSM server) and it sees it and administers it just fine." --- Not sure what you mean by that.

Sorry about the confusion. What I was getting at is that the newer Admin Center (5.4) works fine with an older server (5.3). I'm sure the 5.5 would be the same.

I've only ever done clean installs, but I don't see why an upgrade install wouldn't work. I did find the instructions here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...pic=/com.ibm.itsmc.doc/update/ans10000231.htm

Go to:

Storage Manager for Windows Server
--> Installation Guide
--> Installing the Integrated Solutions Console and the Administration Center
-->Installing the Integrated Solutions Console

It gives instructions on how to UPGRADE install........hope that helps :)

UPDATE: I just upgraded from Admin Center 5.4 to 5.5 (on WinXP) and it's working great. I can communicate with my TSM Server (on AIX) 5.3.4.2 just fine and it kept all of my Admin Center users.

Last edited:
trouble upgrading to admin center 5.5

the link on this page doesn;t work

I am trying to upgrade from 5.4 of admin center to version 5.5

but I get and error that I have to instll ISC 6.0 although I already have 6.0.1 and 6.0.1.1 installed

any ideas?

Hi, I am new to the site. I have successfully installed ISC 6.0.1.1/TSM Admin Center 5.5. I cannot connect to the ISC via Internet Explorer. When I finished installing the Admin Center I have an option to login to ISC. This is successful, once I close out the IE window and then try to connect again I get "page cannot be displayed". Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Back