Upgrade TSM 6.2 to 6.3 What download package to i get?

DMobley232

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of planning to Upgrade TSM 6.2 to 6.3 and I'm on the IMB passport advantage site, and I have about 5 different Options to choose from to download. I'm very new to Linux and TSM and I'm not sure what package to download.
We are currently have 6.2 on CentOS 5.9.
Any help appreciated

Forgot to attach images

Attachments

• options1.PNG
    options1.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 2
  • options2.PNG
    options2.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
I am asume your using Centos x64.

Independently on your version of TSM you have (Normal or Extended)
You should download the package with this similar description

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3.3 Linux x86_64 Server and Storage Agent

Keep in mind that version 6.3 is going out of support on April 2017.

Maybe I should go with 6.4. I do believe it is Centos x64. I will have to double check.

There is no 6.4 version for TSM Server.

The server version goes from 6.3.x.x to 7.1.x.x

The last release is 7.1.7

There is no 6.4 version for TSM Server.

The server version goes from 6.3.x.x to 7.1.x.x

The last release is 7.1.7
Thanks. I will find the documentation, look through it and go from there.

6.3.x goes out of support in 6 months, may as well start with 7.1.x. You will need to download it from Passport Advantage to get the license file, then you can download the latest fixpack from the Spectrum Protect Support Page.

Hello,

As Marclant wrote, you can (or could) go directly from 6.2 to 7.1 but 7.1 won't install on RHEL/CentOS 5. Your system must be in RHEL/CentOS 6 or 7.
Keep also in mind that, if you want to go to 7.1, TSM/Spectrum Protect Server won't install on CentOS (without a workaround that is documented in the 7.1.1 installation guide but removed since).
So you will have to do a multisteps upgrade : 6.2 to 6.3 on your CentOS 5 then install CentOS 6 and the exact same 6.3 version. End with another upgrade to from 6.3 7.1

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3.3 Linux x86_64 Server and Storage Agent

Once you are at 6.3, you can plan for 7.1 upgrade post you hardware and software prerequisite check

Back