Upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.1.8 on RHEL - Prereq check fails on OS type

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am attempting to upgrade a TSM instance from 7.1.4 to 7.1.8, and during the installation manager process, I get an error that the OS type is not supported.

Running 7.1.4 on a CentOS 6.7 mimicking RHEL 6.4. (x86-64)

The problem I initially ran into is the pre-reqs came back with failed on the OS check and I had to cancel the installation

Looking at the installationmanager logs, I see that the below command did not return an OS version

rpm -qa --queryformat '%{RELEASE}\n' redhat-release* | grep \\.

Looking on IBM site, I found this article - https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docv...p=OCSSSQWC&mync=E&cm_sp=swgtiv-_-OCSSSQWC-_-E
but it didnt really tell me much besides check with the administrator

Looking out on the ADSM.org, i see someone else run into this, and one of the solutions was to create dummy rpm files, which I do not know how to do at all.

I then reran the installation by issuing ./install.sh -vmargs "-DBYPASS_TSM_REQ_CHECKS=true" , and instead of an error stating the OS was not supported, it gave me a warning but allowed me to continue the install process. I cancelled out of the install as i do not know what will happen if i continue with the OS not supported warning.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

The only crap part is I do not have the 7.1.4 installation media, I did back up the local filesystem to another TSM server, so I have that as a fall back, but I am very cautious on attempting this install with that OS not supported error.

thanks

it has been revoked and pulled from all download locations....

Back