Upgrade from 6.1.3.3 to 6.2.2.2 - license problem

Kif

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

last week I performed an upgrade of TSM server from version 6.1.3.3 to 6.2.2.2
I have downloaded 6.2.2.2 version from IBM site, followed steps and successfully upgraded TSM server to latest version. The problem now is that I cannot register licenses on server.

The error I get is "ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server".
I did the reasearch on that error and upon checking licesing files I have discovered that file adsmlicn.dll is still the old version 6.1.3.9350, the rest of the licesing files (tsmbasic.lic, tsmee.lic, dataret.lic) I have got from installation folder of 6.2.2.2 version, but the main .dll file is nowhere to be found.

If I understood correctly, I would neeed this file from version 6.2.0.0 and this file only comes in base installation of 6.2.0.0, not in interim fixes which you can donwload from IBM site. The thing is I do not have base installation of 6.2.0.0, I have base installation 6.1.3.0

So, to sum this up, am I correct to hink that acquiring this file (somehow) from base version of 6.2.0.0 will solve all my problems ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Kif​

Hi,

Installation packages downloaded from IBM's ftp site are fully functional, but licenses are not there.
You have understood correctly, you have to get installation media from IBM. If your TSM support is valid, you have access to download correct media.

After that replace adsmlicn.dll with newer one found from media.

Thank you for confirmation.
Client has support, so we downloaded base version 6.2 from IBM site and replaced adsmlicn.dll file.
Afterwards register license command is fully functional. :)

Cheers

Back