Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 6.1

barteku

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As You know from 26 of March you can download new version of TSM :)

I already upgraded one of my node from version 5.5 to 6.1 on Linux x86 platform. Everything looks good. No problems. Backups/Restores still working :p

Right now I am preparing next node to upgrade on Solaris SPARC platform.

My server version is 5.3.6 so it is quiet old :) ( in few months i should have 6.1 version of server)

Good luck!

Hi,

As You know from 26 of March you can download new version of TSM :)

I already upgraded one of my node from version 5.5 to 6.1 on Linux x86 platform. Everything looks good. No problems. Backups/Restores still working :p

Right now I am preparing next node to upgrade on Solaris SPARC platform.

My server version is 5.3.6 so it is quiet old :) ( in few months i should have 6.1 version of server)

Good luck!

I guess you want your environment to be a guinea pig.

I am sure that you are aware that you need to update your 5.3 environment to 5.5 first before moving on to 6.1, or you may try the 6.1 automated process wherein it updates to 5.5 first and on to 6.1. I sure hope this works out well.

Tsm 6.1 clients?

On the passport advantage site I downloaded the Windows 6.1 CLIENTS, as it was noted. I think this is actually the server? version, as the clients are not yet released right? They call them clients, but this Windows download was 500MB+, so I have my doubts.

I found no reference to TSM server, so I think my hunch is correct that they are using the word CLIENTS loosely, to mean the host O/S type.

Am I right?

Rod

On the passport advantage site I downloaded the Windows 6.1 CLIENTS, as it was noted. I think this is actually the server? version, as the clients are not yet released right? They call them clients, but this Windows download was 500MB+, so I have my doubts.

I found no reference to TSM server, so I think my hunch is correct that they are using the word CLIENTS loosely, to mean the host O/S type.

Am I right?

Rod

Nope. What you are seeing is the Client.

OK, so where is the 6.1 SERVER code?

Since I am only seeing the CLIENT, where the heck is the server code? I see TSM for MAIL, and HSM, but no TSM 6.1 Server.

??

The AIX server code is there. It seems that AIX is the only platform that the server code has been released for so far.

Windows is available on the passport site.
I got access to all TSM 6.1 code (no TDP for Database available yet... not sure they will have one.. in to doc.. they link it to 5.5.2)

I only see clients on the passport site, we downloaded it and it's only the client. where do you see Windows Server 6.1?

thought so!! :eek:) i noticed the AIX server is over 2 Gb's! i wonder if our local IBM representative can cut a dvd for me!?

Not only is the AIX code large, it is in a .bin format so it is basically a DVD image. I'd give them a few weeks to sort it all out.

-Aaron

It says 25 files 31gig, but there are only 11 files. I wish they would hurry up....grrr

TSM 6.1 reporting

Although I can download windows 6.1, I have no luck with the new reporting option for windows 32x or 64x. It immediately fails on a http or ibm download director. Anyone else trying this?

Back