Unable to Update IBM Tape Drivers

Hiten

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Reaction score
Hi,
I am unable to restore TSM database after migration of OS from Windows 2008 R2 x64 to Windows 2012 as media after getting mounted to drive getting dismounted and giving error as attached. I later discovered that LTO4 tape library (HP MSL2024 SAS attached) is having Native drivers and tried to update the same but showing "yellow" exclamatory mark on same.

Kindly guide and backups are stuck.

Attachments

• Driveerror.jpg
    Driveerror.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Drivererror.jpg
    Drivererror.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi Marclant,

Thanks i installed the Device Driver but could not find control driver getting updated in Windows OS causing the issue with DB restoration. I am trying to install the control drivers from Fix central site but when Install Exclusive driver gets complete IBM medium changer is not getting updated.

Hi,

We have rolled back the OS to Windows 2008 but still getting same error for media while restoring the database. we have collected the server trace output but could not find the cause and resolution.

Attachments

• server_trace.zip
    705 KB · Views: 2
If you have yellow exclamation then drivers are not communicating with OS properly. Try to uninstall driver from command line. Reboot system and reinstall older driver. Looks like new drivers are not compatible with drives. What kind of tape drive it is LTOX. Also install TSM Device driver.

Back