Unable to see File Level Backup using the WEB Client

ola.gustafsson

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently in midlle of a TSM Implementation for one of the larger customers in the UK, Just installed and configured three TSM servers of one is catering for File/Level backups, the second for TDP Data and the third NDMP backups.

The problem i've encounterd on the NDMP TSM Server is, whilst trying to perform a File/Level restore using the WEB Client, i'm able to see both my nodes both unfortunately only the image backup is available, despite having a separate STG Pool for the TOC file.

tsm: TSMLONC>q nasbackup DLY-GBRPSNFSW001NA /vol/vol0
Node Name Filespace Object Type Object Creation Has Table Image
Name Size (MB) Date of Conte- Storage
nts (TOC- Pool Name
)?
------------ ----------- ----------- --------- ---------- --------- ----------
DLY-GBRPSNF- /vol/vol0 Full Image 381.7 11/15/07 Yes V_PRM_NAS
SW001NA 16:44:49
DLY-GBRPSNF- /vol/vol0 Differenti- 174.8 11/18/07 Yes V_PRM_NAS
SW001NA al Image 20:00:16
DLY-GBRPSNF- /vol/vol0 Differenti- 186.0 11/19/07 Yes V_PRM_NAS
SW001NA al Image 20:00:24

Command I use to backup these filers:

backup node DLY-GBRPSNFSW001NA toc=yes

Does anyone have any idea why i'm not able to see the TOC the File/Level option using the WEB Client?

Regards

Ola Gustafsson

I've done that and it's working fine.

tsm: TSMLONC>q toc DLY-GBRPSNFSW001NA /vol/vol01ahome1
Objects in the image backed up on 11/20/07 20:00:08 for filespace /vol/vol01ahome1 in node DLY-GBRPSNFSW001NA:

Object Name Object Type Object Size Last data Modificat-
ion Date/Time
------------------------------------------ ------------ ------------ --------------------

/vol01ahome1/manasi.abyankar/BRD Directory 8,192 11/20/07 17:30:58

The problem occurs in the WEB Client where only the Image restore option is availble

Are you authenicating with the proper admin account which has permissions (grant authority) to see both file level and image level?

My fault, it helps to read the manual carefully sometimes.

The WEB Client has to reside on a Windows Server, which I’m not totally happy about but that's life i suppose. :(

The TSM Server is a Solaris Server and i obviously assumed you only had to setup the WEB client in Solaris to accommodate File/Level restore from the WEB GUI but apparently not

Last edited:
Back