Unable to restore files from a node

kongfranon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I get the following errors when trying to recover back to the original node:

"data unavailable to server"

It looks like I guess tape volumes are missing? Is that correct? Is there a way to know what volumes I need for this restore?

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

I think this will work for starts:

select distinct volume_name from occupancy where node_name='<NODE_NAME>'

edit:

I believe I entered the wrong select command. This should be the command to find out which Volumes are needed for a node restore:

select distinct node_name, volume_name, stgpool_name from volumeusage where node_name='<NODE_NAME>'

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

You should also verify that neigher the storage pool nor any volumes which are needed are set to unavlaible.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi I have faced this problem in past , the reasons for this failure is

1 . The tape is in unavailable mode. OR

2. If you are doing the restoration in LAN-FREE path "The path from the storage agent to the server is not correct (device name is wrong in my case)".

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

I realized the volume is unavailable, after trying some of the commands here.

I am just not sure why when I look at the details of the tape there are no error read or write.

I am going to try and retrieve a copy from our offsite pool to restore volume is my plan does that sound good?

PREDATAR Control23

set volume to ro and do an audit volume. This will show you any problems. When there are damaged file and you have a copy of them you can do a restore volume. When everything is fine set to to r/w.

You might want to check ac log for the reason.