Unable to login to TSM server instance 6.3.0.0 in linux

frankantony

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

TSM server instance was hung, I was not able to login using dsmadmc , so I restarted the service but still the same issue. Can you please help me.

tsminst1 62524 54091 0 01:01 pts/1 00:00:00 ./dsmserv -i /home/tsminst1/tsminst1/ -o /home/tsminst1/tsminst1/dsmserv.opt -q

ANS2036W Pruning functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager prune files: /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmprune.log. errno = 13, Permission denied
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 6, Release 3, Level 0.0
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Enter your user id: admin
ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.
ANS8002I Highest return code was -50.

Thanks,
Frankantony

yes Ed. Physical server is up but the problem was TSMDB1 issue. It was taking 20 minutes to connect to db2connect to TSMDB1. IBM has changed some group lookup list and it started working fine.

Do we need to exclude any file systems in TSM server from daily backups except database,log file systems.

/home
/var/log

Please advise.

Thanks
Frank

yes Ed. Physical server is up but the problem was TSMDB1 issue. It was taking 20 minutes to connect to db2connect to TSMDB1. IBM has changed some group lookup list and it started working fine.

Do we need to exclude any file systems in TSM server from daily backups except database,log file systems.

/home
/var/log

Please advise.

Thanks
Frank

If you are referring to the physical backup of the TSM server, I don't backup the TSM DB, and Archive/Active LOG directories. I also exclude the disk pools. In short, I only backup OS related files and NO TSM related files as these are backed up by itself, the TSM Server.

Back